Crock Pot Recipes | Leftover Turkey Equals Great Slow Cooker Meals!
Crock Pot Recipes
Thanksgiving is over, you have a ton of leftovers, and you are tired of eating turkey sandwiches – how about trying some of these great crock pot recipes?!
Turkey can replace chicken in most recipes, so if you already have some favorite chicken dishes, try using some of the leftover turkey instead.
There is one recipe below that will also use up that cranberry sauce, so make sure you try that one!
Turkey Crock Pot Recipes
Turkey is one of those leftovers that you always have a lot of. It really gets old to eat turkey sandwiches every day, so you really should try some crock pot recipes. I usually make one of these after the holidays and freeze the rest of the turkey to use later on – in other crock pot recipes!
Turkey Chili Crock Pot Recipes
- 1 lb cooked, chopped turkey
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, undrained
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 small can chopped chilies(drain out the juices)
- 1 can chickpeas, undrained
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained
- 1-2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can tomato sauce
Add everything to the crockpot and cook on high for 6 hours. Serve with homemade tortilla chips or over rice.
Cranberry Turkey Crock Pot Recipes
- 1 lb chopped turkey
- 1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix (with herbs)
- 1 can cranberry sauce (or you can use homemade)
- 1 cup gravy (use can use canned or homemade)
Put turkey in bottom of crock pot. Mix together cranberry sauce, gravy and soup mix. Pour over turkey. Cook on high for 2-3 hours. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Turkey with Sweet Potatoes Crock Pot Recipes
- 1 1/2 lbs chopped turkey
- 3 medium sweet potatoes or regular potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups frozen cut green beans (or leftover)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) turkey gravy (or use homemade)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
Layer sweet potatoes and turkey in slow cooker. Combine gravy, flour, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and pepper. Pour mixture over turkey and sweet potatoes. Cook on low for 5 hours. Stir in beans.
Turkey Barbeque Crock Pot Recipes
- 2 – 3 pounds chopped or shredded turkey
- 2 green bell peppers cut in strips
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 small chopped onion (or you can use 1-2 teaspoons of dried minced onion)
- 2 cups good barbecue sauce
Place turkey in bottom of crock pot and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Combine barbecue sauce and celery salt. Add green peppers and onions over turkey. Pour barbeque over. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Serve with fresh rolls
Turkey Tetrazzini Crock Pot Recipes
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups broken uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can (10 3/4-ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, with liquid
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Spray inside of slow cooker crock with cooking spray. Combine water, soup, pimiento, and mushrooms. Stir in the cheese, turkey, onion and parsley. Place broken up spaghetti on bottom of crock pot. Pour other mixed ingredients over spaghetti. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until spaghetti is tender.
Turkey and Rice Crock Pot Recipes
- 2 to 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups converted long-grain white rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
Combine soup and water and put in crock pot. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours on high. Make sure you stop cooking before the rice becomes mushy.
Turkey Stew Crock Pot Recipes
- 1 1/2 lbs of chopped turkey
- 1 (15 1/2-oz) can chili beans in spicy sauce, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2-oz) can stewed tomatoes or chili-style tomatoes, undrained
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 sweet green bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped, 3/4 to 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup your salsa or picante sauce
Put turkey in crockpot. Combine chili powder, cumin, and salt. Sprinkle over turkey and toss to coat. Add bell peppers, onion, garlic, beans, tomatoes, and salsa. Mix well. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve topped with sour cream
As you can see, there are many great ways to use up that leftover turkey in crock pot recipes, so don’t just reserve it for cold sandwiches! Check out “10 Ways to Use Leftover Turkey” and “Turkey Soup Recipe” for other great ways to use turkey!
For more tips, please visit the Food & Drink section of our website!